- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Augusta Aubuchon, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2004, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
She was born Aug. 1, 1906, in Stoddard County, Mo., daughter of Albert and Anna Belle Moore Phillips. She and Otis Hosea were married Oct. 12, 1924, in Stoddard County, Mo. He died in 1963. She and the Rev. Shelby Aubuchon were married in June 1967 in Jackson. He died in 1987.
Aubuchon worked at Dolly's Hat Shop, was a waitress at Colonial Restaurant and Sea Drift, and sold Stanley products. She was a member of First Baptist Church, White Shrine and Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include a son, Don Hosea of Goodlettsville, Tenn.; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, six brothers, two sisters and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Moxey officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park