- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Helen Mathilda Schuppan Loos, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 17, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Jan. 16, 1918, in New Wells, daughter of Ernest and Lydia Winkler Schuppan. She and Martin Loos were married Dec. 8, 1940, in New Wells. He died Feb. 19, 1997.
Loos worked 13 years in the St. Andrew Lutheran Church office and was part owner of the Uregas distributorship 25 years. She attended Cape Business College and Southeast Missouri State University a year.
She was a member of St. Andrew Church and its women's guild, choir, church circle member, LWML, and its organist. She had volunteered at Southeast Missouri Hospital and with FISH Food Pantry.
She is survived by a daughter, Dr. Barbara Berry of Paradise Valley, Ariz.; two sons, Darrell Loos of Athens, Ohio, the Rev. Donald Loos of Angola, N.Y.; a daughter, Darlene Cowan of Flowery Branch, Ga.; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Andrew Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to American Red Cross or St. Andrew Missions.