- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Margaret Beatrice Hughes, 99, of Glenallen died Monday, Feb. 23, 2004, at Stonecrest Health Care in Viburnum, Mo.
She was born Feb. 28, 1904, in Dover, Tenn., daughter of Herman and Ellen Hildreth Reynolds. She and Virgil E. Hughes were married June 30, 1922, in Granite City, Ill. He died Feb. 11, 1984.
Hughes was a member of First Assembly of God Church and its WMS Women's Club.
Survivors include a son, Everett Hughes of Marble Hill, Mo.; four daughters, Marie James of Marble Hill, Jeanne Brown of Granite City, Iline Gilliam and Marlene Isaak of Steelville, Mo.; 31 grandchildren; numerous great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sons, three brothers and a sister.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, with the Revs. Mark Maynard and Ellston Chapman officiating. Burial will be in McGee Chapel Cemetery near Glenallen.