- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Basil A. Adams, 68, of Jonesboro died Sunday, March 16, 2008, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 21, 1930, in Jonesboro, son of Hilbert and Mary Wright Adams. He and Virginia Vines were married Dec. 10, 1960, in Jonesboro.
Adams owned and operated Adams Logging for 33 years. He attended Lockard Chapel Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Darryl Adams of Jonesboro; a brother, David Adams of Jonesboro; a sister, Beatrice Stevens of Anna, Ill.; a half sister, Iona Pilgrim of New Mexico; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cliff Waller officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery.