- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ORAN, Mo. — Sharon Sue Hanks, 60, of Oran died Sunday, March 16, 2008, at her home.
She was born Dec. 27, 1947, in St. Louis, daughter of William Ray and Nelda Maxine Shaffer Hanks.
Hanks was a registered nurse, retiring from Cordova Rehab in Cordova, Tenn.
Survivors include a son, Rodney Davis of Oran; a daughter, Nancy Trentham of Cordova; two brothers, Darrel Hanks of Oran, James "Jimmy" Hanks of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Sara Guzman, Duranda Cochran and Marsha Ward of Oran, Elizabeth Whaley of Marion, Ark.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Williams Cemetery at Perkins, Mo.