- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Seventh fire in area under investigation
Firefighters are investigating the seventh fire within a seven block area to occur since 2005.
Cape Girardeau firefighters received a call around 9 p.m. Monday of flames coming from a basement window at 839 Morgan Oak St., battalion chief Steven Niswonger said.
The fire was confined to the basement, and firefighters had not yet assessed how much interior damage was done as of 10:30 p.m. Monday.
"We're still looking into it right now," Niswonger said.