- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Steven Wade Felty, 57, of Chaffee, Mo., died Saturday, March 15, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born June 15, 1950, in Cape Girardeau to the late Wade Odell and Mary Alice Glency Felty. He and Martha McBride were married Jan. 26, 1973, in Chaffee.
Steve was the supervisor of the Chaffee Sanitation Department, working there for the past 23 years. Before working for the city he was a self-employed mechanic.
Steve and Martha were part owners of Arrowhead Campground at Castor River. They spent many happy years camping with family and friends there.
He is survived by his wife Martha; a son, Steve (Carry) Felty of Chaffee; a daughter, Mary (Chris Wilburn) Felty of Chaffee; a sister, Marlys (Wayne) Ford of Jackson; a brother, Barry Felty of Chaffee; and five grandsons, Cooper and Jordan Wilburn, Reece Felty, Tucker and Mitchell Burton.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be at the Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.