- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Shirley Mae Huffman, 70, of Marquand, Mo., died Saturday, March 15, 2008, at the Presbyterian Manor in Farmington, Mo.
Huffman was born Aug. 17, 1937, in Perryville, Mo., daughter of Davey and Helen Barks. She and Warren Huffman were married March 3, 1956, in Hernando, Miss.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Marquand and worked in the family business.
She is survived by her husband; two sons, Scott Huffman of Fredericktown, Mo., Greg Huffman of Farmington; three daughters, Anita Flanagan and Dena Zoellner, both of Cape Girardeau, Feta Starky of Fredericktown; a brother, Mike Barks of Fredericktown; a sister, Janice Ditze of Marble Hill, Mo; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be after 5 p.m. today at the Follis and Sons Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Huffman-McKelvey Cemetery in Buckhorn, Mo.