- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Frey - Whalen
Jennifer Lynn Frey and Bradley Gerald Whalen were married Oct. 20, 2007, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Thomas Kiefer performed the ceremony. Organist was Leann Hendrix and vocalist was Lisa Simmons.
The bride is the daughter of Antonelle Frey of Cape Girardeau, and the late Lawrence Frey. The groom is the son of Gerry and Ann Whalen of Virden, Ill.
Maid of honor was Dana Rambo of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Jessica Morrow and Becki Lingle of Cape Girardeau, and Dede Bradford of St. Louis.
Jared Ribley of Virden was best man. Groomsmen were John Loesel of St. Louis, John Threlkeld of Springfield, Ill., and Nicolas Whalen of Champaign, Ill., brother of the groom. Ushers were Matthew Frey of North Hollywood, Calif., twin brother of the bride, and Nicolas Whalen.
The dinner and dance reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 19 at Pagoda Gardens.
Mrs. Whalen received a bachelor's degree in advertising from Southeast Missouri State University. She is office assistant at The Eye Doctors.
The groom attended Southeast. He is a chemical specialist in the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Riley, Kan.
After a wedding trip to Maui, Hawaii, the couple resides in Manhattan, Kan.