- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Ill. -- William Franklin Hopkins, 72, of Benton, formerly of Alexander County, Ill., died Wednesday, March 12, 2008, at Southgate Health Care Center in Metropolis, Ill.
He was born Sept. 13, 1935, in Alexander County, son of William Roy and Vesta V. Benefield Hopkins.
Hopkins was a retired roofer.
He served in the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include three sons, Frank Hopkins of Herrin, Ill., Dusty Hopkins of Kankakee, Ill., Scott Hopkins of Benton; a brother, Roy Hopkins of Roxana, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
A graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Olive Branch Cemetery in Olive Branch, Ill. The eulogy will be given by his niece, Nelda Bigham. Full military honors will be provided by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 in Mounds, Ill., American Legion Post 178 in Villa Ridge and Cairo VFW Post 2649.