- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Clarence J. "Doots" Hopper, 102, of Rosehill, Kan., died Tuesday, March 4, 2008, at Lake Point of Rosehill.
He was born Oct. 27, 1905, in Cape Girardeau County, son of Louis T. and Mary E. Tenkhoff Hopper. He and Floy Finley were married Sept. 12, 1927, in Anna, Ill. She died Jan. 18, 2000.
Hopper worked at International Shoe Co. 17 years, and was a service agent with United Shoe Machine Corp. 25 years, retiring in 1967. He was a member of Maple United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau, St. Mark's Masonic Lodge and Elks Lodge.
Survivors include a son, Richard "Dick" (Shirley) Hopper of Derby, Kan.; four grandchildren, Stephen Carosello of St. Louis, Richard (Tory) Hopper of Topanga, Calif., Kathy (Brad) Carey of Derby, Brenda Wingate of Andover, Kan.; five great-grandchildren; two nieces, Judi Nicholas and Sylvia Seib; and four nephews, Kenneth Gearhardt, Larry, Ronnie and Don Hopper.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Shirley Carosello Trainum; seven brothers and sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Jim Cooper officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to Maple United Methodist Church, 2441 Jean Ann Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.