- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Haywood City man in jail on drug charges
Douglas J. Turner, 28, of Haywood City, Mo., faces charges in Scott County of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, trafficking and resisting arrest. His bond is set at $400,000.
Turner was arrested Friday in Sikeston, Mo., at 807 William St. Deputies approached, telling Turner he was under arrest, but he ignored them and continued toward the residence and struggled with deputies. Deputies then used their Taser guns to immobilize him.
A search of his person turned up 81 grams of a substance believed to be marijuana, approximately 4 grams of a substance believed to be cocaine and 13.5 grams of a substance believed to be crack cocaine.