- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Betty "Virginia" Woell, 99, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 3, 2008, at Chateau Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 27, 1908, in Chicago, daughter of Marshall E. and Charlotte H. Horlock Hill. She and James L. Woell were married Nov. 23, 1929. He died Oct. 7, 1990.
Woell had been a bookkeeper at a bank. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church and its Women's Circle, and PEO She had been active in Girl and Boy Scouts.
Survivors include two sons, J. Fred Woell of Deer Island, Maine, Stanley Woell of Arcadia, Mich.; a sister, Janette Talsma of Palos Heights, Ill.; three grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Woell donated her body to science.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Chateau Girardeau, with the Rev. Paul Kabo officiating.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.