- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community digest 3/3/08
AARP program to be held at 1:30 p.m. today
The Cape Girardeau County chapter of AARP 4041 will meet at 1:30 p.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church at Broadway and Caruthers Avenue. A program on trains, train lore and more will be presented by Don Reder and Paul Davis. There will be a drawing for a door prize.
Current, former federal workers invited to event
The National Association of Retired and Current Federal Employees Chapter 1237 will meet at noon March 11 at the Ponderosa Steakhouse in Perryville, Mo. Current and retired federal employees in Perry, Ste. Genevieve and Cape Girardeau counties are encouraged to attend. There will be a speaker and a 50/50 drawing. For more information, call 573-547-4249.
-- From staff reports