- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Delmar L. Summers, 60, of Wappapello, Mo., and formerly of Zalma, Mo., died Saturday, March 1, 2008, at his residence.
He was born Sept. 20, 1947, in Zalma, son of Lowell and Ivy Jackson Summers. He and Daisy L. Hancock were married on July 26, 1974, in Kennett, Mo. She died Sept. 8, 2003.
Survivors include three stepsons, Kenneth Rohan of Clubb, Mo., Larry Rohan of Zalma, Gary Rohan of Puxico, Mo.; four stepdaughters, Janet Moore, Sandra Rohan and Kathy Jackson of Zalma, Paulette Rohan of Hiram; three brothers, Melvin Summers and Stephen Summers, both of Kennett, William Summers of Bernie, Mo.; five sisters, Norma Jaques of Bernie, Phillis Summers of Kennett, Belva Frazier of Wappapello, Beverly Dennison of Campbell, Penny Collins of Malden, Mo.; 22 stepgrandchildren; and 21 great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday at Liley Funeral in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be at noon Tuesday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. The burial will be in the Berrong Cemetery near Zalma.