- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Versie Florence Crider, 97, of Hagerstown, Md., formerly of Tamms, Ill., and Rockford, Ill., died Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008, at Autumn Assistance Living in Hagerstown.
She was born in 1910, daughter of George and Gertie Raines Stonecipher.
Survivors include two daughters, Leta Doris Stouffer of Hagerstown, Barbara Sue Bly of Rockford; a son, John Marion Crider of Rockford; 14 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, a son, three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in the McCrite Cemetery near Tamms.