- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community cuisine 3/3/08
Chili day planned by Noon Optimists
The Noon Optimists will hold a chili day from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Arena Building.
Men's club to hold all-you-can-eat meal
The St. Paul Lutheran Men's Club will hold an all-you-can-eat meal from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16 in the upper level of the multipurpose building at the church. The meal includes carry-out service. Children younger than 6 eat free; the meal is discounted for children ages 6 to 12. The event is co-sponsored by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
St. Joseph spring dinner planned in Scott City
A spring dinner will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 16 at 606 Sycamore St. in Scott City. The menu, served family style, includes fried chicken, chicken and dressing, chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, bread, dessert, tea and coffee. Children younger than 6 eat free. Carry outs will be available, and the event includes a country store/bakery shop.
-- From staff reports