- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Bowling fundraiser planned by Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri, a child mentoring organization that works with more than 2,000 children annually, will hold its signature fundraising and awareness program, Bowl for Kids Sake, on March 29.
Community members and businesses can take part in the fundraiser by attending one of two shifts: noon to 2 p.m. and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Westpark Lanes in Cape Girardeau. Individuals in teams of six will collect pledges to raise money for BBBS of Eastern Missouri.
This year's goal of $25,000 will provide 25 area children with big brothers or big sisters. Last year's goal of $18,000 was met. An expansion of services to Scott County, serving children of incarcerated parents, took place in 2007, with efforts fully underway in 2008.
The BBBS local office, serving Cape Girardeau and Scott counties, served more than 350 area children in 2007. To get involved with Bowl for Kids Sake or for more information, call Ellen Carlson at 339-0184.