- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
John Hager Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- John A. Hager Sr., 66, of Perryville died Friday, Feb. 29, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 22, 1941, at Marquette, Mich. He and Ruth A. Myer were married April 11, 1965 at Perryville.
Hager was the owner/operator of H&R Cab Service in Perryville and a cab driver for Cape Transfer. He delivered office supplies for Busch Art in St. Louis. Hager was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo., St. Franciscan Brother and Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Mark Hager, John Hager Jr., both of Perryville, Albert Hager of Louisiana; four daughters, Barb Atherton of St. Louis, Marilyn Collins, Michelle Wallis, Dana Adams, all of Perryville; a brother, Charles Hager of Denver; a sister, Jacquelin Sutterer of Denver; 15 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a son and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons Chapel, with a Catholic wake at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass is at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating.
Burial will be in St. Michael's Catholic Cemetery in Apple Creek.