- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MALDEN, Mo. -- Helen Erma Ramsey Riley of Malden passed away Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008, at Missouri Southern Healthcare Hospital in Dexter, Mo., at the age of 91 years, 11 months.
She was born March 28, 1916, to Vern C. and Minnie Geiser Ramsey at Chaffee, Scott County, Mo. She is a descendant of some of the original settlers of Cape Girardeau County.
She attended school and graduated from Chaffee High School. She married Kenneth Wayne Riley on June 12, 1939, in Jackson. Kenneth was born Sept. 20, 1913, in Fayette County, Ill., and preceded her in death June 7, 1975. Right after their marriage in 1940, Kenneth and Helen Riley moved to Malden, where they raised two children, Kenneth Wayne "Kenny" Riley Jr. and Mary Jeanne Riley.
She was an active member of Grace Lutheran Church in Malden, where she was also a charter member. She had served her church as organist and treasurer for many years. She was active in club work, having been a member of Adene Keller Music Club and Dereign Club. She had worked as a secretary for J.B. "Jack" Chadsey, accountant and auditor, until his death, when she retired.
Helen is survived by her daughter Mary Jeanne Riley Lentz and husband Ken of Malden; granddaughter Dianna Riley Jackson and husband Jack of Fort Smith, Ark.; grandson Kenneth "Wayne" Riley III and wife Rachele of Clarkton, Mo.; grandson Jeffrey Scott Lentz and wife Laura of Columbia, Mo.; great-granddaughters Heather Cheri Jackson and Ashley Amanda Jackson of Fort Smith; great-grandson Garrett Wayne Riley of Clarkton; and granddaughter-in-law Tricia Riley.
Preceding Helen in death was her husband, Kenneth, her son, Kenneth Wayne "Kenny" Riley Jr. and his wife Brenda Robinson Riley, grandson Keith Allen Riley and an infant grandson.
Visitation will be conducted from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Landess Funeral Home in Malden. The funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Grace Lutheran Church, 601 Burkhart St. in Malden. Interment will be at Memorial Park Cemetery in Malden.