- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Perryville man charged with statutory rape
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Steven L. Unterreiner, 18, of Perryville, was charged Tuesday with three counts of statutory rape with a person under 14 years old.
The incident was reported to the sheriff's office on Dec. 16, according to Perry County Sheriff Gary Schaaf.
"We take crimes against children particularly serious," Schaaf said in a prepared statement.
Unterreiner was transported to the Perry County Jail, where he is currently being held pending $75,000\ bond allowing for 10 percent cash to be paid.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for March 18 at 9 a.m.