- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
United Way seeks nominations for volunteer efforts
The United Way of Southeast Missouri is seeking nominations for awards that recognize outstanding volunteer efforts. The information below is lifted directly from a United Way news release about the nominations:
United Way of Southeast Missouri and the Volunteer Intergenerational Center are accepting nominations for the 21st Annual Volunteer Awards Luncheon to distinguish and honor the exceptional volunteer efforts in Southeast Missouri. This program was developed to recognize the array of efforts contributed from numerous individuals and organizations that have significantly impacted our community in the past year.
Local agencies and organizations are encouraged to recognize their outstanding volunteers through a nomination. Nominations may be submitted in four categories:
Youth/Young Adult (25 years of age and under)
Adult (26 through 59 years of age)
Senior Adult (60 years of age plus)
Multiple nominations are accepted by individuals, agencies or organizations.
After receiving all nominations, a panel of qualified judges will select an outstanding volunteer from each category to receive an award. A luncheon will be held at Drury Lodge on April 1 to recognize all nominees and present awards to the winner of each category. All nominators and nominees are encouraged to attend the luncheon.
Nomination forms can be requested through VIC, 1219 N. Kingshighway, Ste 100, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, 573-335-7555 or through the United Way of Southeast Missouri, 430A Broadway, Cape Girardeau, 573-334-9634. Nominations must be submitted no later than Friday, March 7th.