- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Warrenton man accused of sexually assaulting woman showing him apartment
O'FALLON, Mo. (AP) -- A Warren County man faces charges of forcible sodomy and armed criminal action for allegedly assaulting a woman showing him an apartment for rent.
Michael Allen Sutton of Warrenton is held on $200,000 cash-only bond after being charged Wednesday. He is 33.
Police say the incident happened Tuesday afternoon at an apartment complex in O'Fallon. Sutton is accused of holding a knife to the leasing agent's throat and forcing her to perform a sex act.
Police say they tracked him down in part because he showed identification at the leasing office before seeing the apartment.
Court records show Sutton was sentenced in 1998 to seven years in prison for a sexual assault.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com