- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
New on DVD
The monster Grendel is as repugnant as ever, but his mom gets a facelift, with Angelina Jolie playing the creature as a gorgeous seductress in Robert Zemeckis' adaptation of the epic poem. The film uses the same technology Zemeckis applied to "The Polar Express," with actors' performances digitally captured and costumes, sets, effects and other details then completed through computer animation. Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, Robin Wright Penn and John Malkovich join Jolie for this revisionist version of "Beowulf," in which the mythic hero battles murderous Grendel but falls under the spell of his foe's vengeful mother.
"30 Days of Night"
Vampires head north to Alaska to take advantage of the endless winter nights when the sun stays down for weeks above the Arctic Circle. Josh Hartnett and Melissa George lead the human cast as a sheriff and his estranged wife struggling with a small band of survivors to outlast the bloodsuckers' rampage, with Danny Huston playing the king of the snarling vampires.
"The Darjeeling Limited"
Shortly after Owen Wilson's apparent suicide attempt last summer, his latest collaboration with director Wes Anderson ("The Royal Tenenbaums," "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou") began making the festival rounds before its fall theatrical debut. Wilson this time teams with Adrien Brody and Anderson's "Rushmore" star Jason Schwartzman, the three playing brothers at odds who set out to mend their relationship on a spiritual quest through India.