- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Thurman B. Kingery, 90, of Deltona, Fla., died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008.
He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Hazel; two sons, Bill of Oxford, Miss., Bob and Lisa of Mount Dora, Fla.; five grandchildren, Genni Pappas, Heather Kingery, Megan Kingery, Leah Caillouet and Jill Hodge; a great-granddaughter, Elena Pappas; two sisters, Ruby Ellet of Selma, Ill., Eilene Edwards of Fayetteville, N.C.; several nieces and nephews.
Thurman was born in Cairo and grew up there. He worked for P.N. Hirsch Department Store in Cairo from 1934 until his retirement in 1982, except for his time spent in the Army during World War II.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Deltona Memorial Funeral Home in Orange City, Fla.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Entombment will be in Deltona Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 332 N. Lauderdale, Memphis, Tenn., 38105, or to Christian Home and Bible School, 301 W. 13th Ave., Mount Dora, Fla., 32757.