- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau