- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau