- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau