- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau