- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau