- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
County needs zoning ASAP
To the editor:We should get zoning for Cape Girardeau County ASAP. Builders will create problems that we will have to spend money on sometime in the future. Look at the history of inadequate roads and inadequate storm-water management. Lack of zoning will lead to poor concrete work and electrical and plumbing problems. Proper zoning, for example, makes sure that you will be able to get out of your house in case of fire. Mike Mathes said it. Read below.
Southeast Missourian front-page story Feb. 25, "Primed for growth: Three area businessmen form a partnership to ramp up home construction around the county." "360 Land Development unites 12 subdivisions and hundreds of home lots under one company." "In the county we don't have nobody baby-sitting us."
DAN PHELPS, Cape Girardeau