- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ruth Mae Dolle passed away at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., with her family at her bedside.
She was born Dec. 20, 1931, in Cape Girardeau, to W.H. and Naomi Braden Little. They preceded her in death along with her stepfather, John Williams of Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Dolle graduated from Central High School in Cape Girardeau in 1949. She married John H. Dolle March 19, 1950, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death June 9, 1990.
She worked for Southwestern Bell in Cape Girardeau, attended Three Rivers Community College and was director of Poplar Bluff Family Planning Clinic. She retired from J.C. Penney Co. in Poplar Bluff as a floor supervisor after 15 years of service.
Mrs. Dolle was an active member of First United Methodist Church, Poplar Bluff, since her move to the community in 1963. She served in the church's youth department, children's ministry, and later joined Mona Mason Circle, Prayer Group and United Methodist Women.
She was a voracious reader and loved gardening, serving her church and spending time with her children and grandchildren. Most of all, she enjoyed sharing her faith in Christ with those around her. She believed in God's faithfulness in all situations and leaves this legacy to her family.
She is survived by her children, John A. "Tony" Dolle and wife Pam of Nashville, Tenn.; Ellen Dolle Garner of Lexington, Ky.; Christy Dolle Maurer and husband Vincent of Poplar Bluff; Melody Dolle Ducote of Dallas; 16 grandchildren, Aaron and Sarah Dolle of Nashville; Matthew, Meghan and Micah Garner, all of Lexington; Austin and Haleigh Sutton of Poplar Bluff; Meredith, Nicholas and William Ducote of Dallas; Nathan and Candice Maurer of Poplar Bluff; Clarissa and Steven Hall, Anthony and Christy Maurer, all of St. Louis; three great-grandchildren, Taytyn Maurer of St. Louis, Landen and Molly Maurer of Poplar Bluff; a brother, Bob G. Little of Poplar Bluff; and a sister, Janet Luttrell of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Clifton Lee Little; a sister, Betty Reddick, both of Cape Girardeau; and a sister-in-law, Rose Little, of Poplar Bluff.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Cotrell Funeral Chapel in Poplar Bluff.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at First United Methodist Church in Poplar Bluff. Burial will be in Poplar Bluff City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be sent to the Youth and Choir Ministries at First United Methodist Church, Poplar Bluff, and the American Cancer Society.
Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.cotrellfuneralservice.com.