- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Ellen A. Light, 88, of Dongola died Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 28, 1919, at Wolf Lake, Ill., daughter of Homer A. and Edna McMahan Frogge. She and Hoke S. Light were married Nov. 20, 1940, in Jackson and he preceded her in death.
Light was a member of the Wolf Lake Sewing Club.
Survivors include three sons, Carlyn Light and Lee Light, both of Dongola, and Gaylon Light of Vergennes, Ill.; four grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by twos sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Paul Sadler will officiate, with burial in Jonesboro Cemetery.