- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Buck recognized with Outstanding Missourian award
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Speaker of the House Rod Jetton, R-Marble Hill, and Rep. Ellen Brandom, D-Sikeston, recently honored Judy Buck, director of the Southeast Missouri State University-Sikeston satellite campus of Southeast Missouri State University, with the Outstanding Missourian award.
She received the award Jan. 29 on the floor of the Missouri House of Representatives in Jefferson City.
Buck has been at the center since 1998 and works with faculty, university employees and students to coordinate class schedules, business training opportunities and other student services. She said the most rewarding part of her work is helping students achieve their goals, especially ones who did not think they would have the opportunity to pursue higher education.
Originally from Arkansas, Buck received her bachelor's degree from Arkansas State University. She moved to Southeast Missouri to teach and went on to earn her master's degree in teaching and specialists in education from Southeast Missouri State University.
In addition to her duties as director of the Southeast Missouri State University Sikeston campus, Buck is involved in the Sikeston Rotary Club, Sikeston Chamber of Commerce and PEO.