- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mo. man convicted of killing father, father's business associate
ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) -- An eastern Missouri man has been found guilty of killing his father and his father's business associate nearly eight years ago.
A St. Charles County jury on Tuesday convicted 28-year-old Nathan Dale Speaks of St. Peters on two counts each of murder and armed criminal action. Roger Speaks and William Hamilton of Hardy, Ark., were slain in March 2000.
The two longtime antique dealers were shot to death inside the elder Speaks' home in St. Charles County. Authorities say Nathan Speaks was after money kept in a safe inside the home.
Police say the small safe containing more than $30,000 in cash and jewelry was never found.
Sentencing is set for May 5.
(Dave Keiser, KSDK-TV)