- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Earthquake felt across large parts of Britain
MANCHESTER, England -- An earthquake struck Britain early Wednesday and was felt across large parts of the country. No injuries or damage were immediately reported.
The magnitude 4.7 quake struck at about 1 a.m. and was centered about 125 miles north of London, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
"It was like a huge freight train outside the front door," Sky News reporter Lukwesa Burak reported from Leicestershire in central England. "The entire house seemed to shake."
Many other people in southern, central and northern England reported feeling their homes shaken by the earthquake in a country where such tremors are uncommon.