- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wanda Lou Ellen Winschel, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 3, 1931, in Burfordville, daughter of Otis and Mary Maness Fowler Proffer. She and Gilbert L. Winschel were married May 14, 1949, in Perryville, Mo. He died April 24, 2007.
Winschel owned and operated rental properties in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Mary Cathedral and its Council of Catholic Women, Eagles Aerie 3775 Auxiliary and United Commercial Travelers Council 534.
Survivors include three sons, Dan, Rick and Tim Winschel, all of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Angela Winschel and Amanda Bowman of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Lillie Davie of Cape Girardeau, Clela "Tea" Yamnitz of Columbia, Mo.; four grandsons; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, two half brothers and six half sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home. Parish Prayers will be at 5, Eagles Auxiliary service at 6, and Knights of Columbus rosary at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.