- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Wintry weather wipes out Redhawks' baseball game vs. Arkansas
The Southeast Missouri State baseball team never got a chance to spring an upset Tuesday.
Southeast's scheduled game at the University of Arkansas was called off due to wintry conditions in Fayetteville, Ark. The contest will not be made up.
The Redhawks (2-1) will play their home opener this weekend at Capaha Field.
Southeast will host Northern Colorado at 2 p.m. Friday, the start of a four-game series that will also feature a 1 p.m. doubleheader Saturday and a noon contest Sunday.
Track athlete honored
Southeast sophomore Brandon Colbert is the Ohio Valley Conference male track athlete of the week.
Colbert set a career-best in the shot put during Friday's home meet with a distance of 58 feet, 4 1/2 inches.
That performance is the best in the OVC this indoor season and provisionally qualified him for the NCAA championships.
Southeast will compete in the OVC indoor championships Friday and Saturday in Nashville, Tenn.
-- From staff reports