- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lora AnnaBelle Brewer, 87, of Perryville died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at Independence Care Center.
She was born June 28, 1920, at Mountain View, Mo., daughter of Louis Lynn and Phronia May Thomas DeBoard. She and Courtney Elvis Brewer were married Aug. 5, 1944. He died May 18, 1978.
Brewer was a retired owner-operator of Brewer Chain Saw. She was a member of the United Methodist Church and its Women's Society, Eastern Star and School of the Ozarks Alumni Association.
Survivors include six sons, Billy Brewer of Perry County, James, Kenneth, Mark and Gary Brewer, all of Perryville, Kevin Brewer of Charleston, S.C.; four daughters, Cynthia Brewer of Lewiston, Maine, Darlene Weibrecht, Connie Lewis and Terrie Adams, all of Perryville; a stepson, Courtney Brewer of Perryville; two sisters, Lucy Dutton of Canton, Ohio, Ola Riley of Fortuna, Calif.; 32 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Dr. Sharon Howard officiating. A graveside service will be held at noon Friday at Center Hill Cemetery in Mountain View.