- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Clarence Ercel Mabrey, 91, of Jackson died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at Monticello House.
He was born Aug. 17, 1916, at Drum, Mo., son of Henry Lee and Annie Louise Markham Mabrey. He and Velma Gladys Ross were married Nov. 21, 1935. She died Dec. 31, 2001.
He retired from Wagner Electric as an electrical transformer builder. He attended Marvin Park United Methodist Church in St. John, Mo.
Survivors include two brothers, Harold Mabrey of Ballwin, Mo., Don Mabrey of St. Louis; a sister, Avis Allmon of Whitewater; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until service time Thursday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.