- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Health calendar 2/26/08
* Angels of God prayer group: 6 p.m. in the Pastoral Care conference room at Saint Francis Medical Center. For parents who have lost a child of any age. Call 331-5146 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with questions. The day you plan to attend, call 331-5118 and leave a message for Father Augustine.
* Flu shot clinic: 7 to 10 a.m. at Fitness Plus. There is a fee, and Medicare and insurance are not accepted. No appointment is necessary. Call 331-5316 for more information.
* What is the X-STOP IPD procedure?: 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Dr. Kevin Vaught with the Brain and NeuroSpine Clinic of Missouri will discuss when this procedure is warranted, how it is done and the benefits of it compared to traditional surgery to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis. To register, call the Generations Center at 651-5825 or visit www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
* Nitty-gritty on Nutrition: 5:30 p.m. at the Health and Wellness Center conference room. The program "Eating for a Healthy Immune System in a Stressful World" will be given by a registered dietitian, offering up-to-date information on food and nutrition with real-life insights to help people meet health and nutrition goals. Call 331-5940 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Breast-feeding support group: 10 to 11 a.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. Designed to help the mother with breast-feeding after discharge. A certified lactation consultant leads group members in sharing successful breast-feeding techniques and encourages confidence in skills. Call 877-231-2229 to register.
* Missouri Delta Medical Center, Sikeston, Mo., 1 to 5 p.m.
* Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Dexter, Mo., noon to 5 p.m.
* Puxico High School, Puxico, Mo., 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, Poplar Bluff, Mo., noon to 4 p.m.