- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joyce Marie Young, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at her home.
She was born July 7, 1942, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Jacob Benton and Evelyn Flowers Welker.
Young had worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. and Superior Electric.
Survivors include a daughter, Connie Young; twin sister, Lois Gater; a brother, J. Robert Welker, all of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter and a sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Fairmont Cemetery.