- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
To our health
Cape Girardeau's stature as a medical hub serving parts of five states took another giant leap last week with the announcement that Saint Francis Medical Center plans to build an $84 million cancer and heart hospital. Officials said the new hospital, to be attached to the existing medical center, will provide focused care for the two biggest killers of Missourians.
In a long line of advancements in the delivery of medical care by both Saint Francis and by Southeast Missouri Hospital, both facilities have upgraded the delivery of specialized care, procedures and equipment.
As a result, these expanded services in Cape Girardeau have reached the point that most medical care, even specialized treatment, is available without having to travel to a large city.
Thanks to the foresight of hospitals and medical professionals, Cape Girardeau continues to keep abreast of the latest developments in health care. The addition of first-class medical facilities is a major contributor to the best care available anywhere.