- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Fire destroys Morehouse building; cause unknown
MOREHOUSE, Mo. -- The fire marshal was in Morehouse this morning to investigate a fire that broke out around 4 a.m.
Chris Beavers, secretary of the Morehouse Volunteer Fire Department, said firefighters were paged out at 4:15 a.m. to a building on the 200 block of West Beech Street. When firefighters arrived on the scene, the building, which Beavers described as a business/storage shed, was fully involved.
"It took us about two and a half hours to put it out," said Beavers. The building was a total loss, he added.
The cause is unknown.
"There were a bunch of vehicles inside, and we can't really determine what the cause of it was because the building was so badly damaged," said Beavers. The amount of gas and oil in the vehicles contributed to the size of the blaze, he pointed out.