- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cubs will sign Maddux
MESA, Ariz. -- Greg Maddux is going back where he started, deciding to sign with the Chicago Cubs, The Associated Press learned Tuesday night.
The four-time Cy Young winner agreed to a $24 million, three-year deal with the Cubs, rejoining the team that gave him his start in the majors, a source close the negotiations said on condition of anonymity.
The deal is pending a physical, but the 37-year-old Maddux is expected to report Wednesday with the rest of the Cubs pitchers and catchers.
The addition of Maddux, who is just 11 wins shy of 300, gives the Cubs one of the strongest rotations in the game. He'll join Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Matt Clement and Carlos Zambrano -- a foursome that took the Cubs within five outs of the World Series a year ago.
Maddux went 16-11 with a 3.96 ERA last season -- his 16th straight year with at least 15 wins.