- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Alpha Leona Bechel, 100, of Chaffee died Thursday, Feb. 21, 2008, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Aug. 24, 1907, in Chaffee, daughter of Levi John and Elenora Elizabeth Scheeter Bechel.
Bechel worked for many years in Louisville, Ky., and retired as a secretary at International Shoe Co. in St. Louis. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and the Daughters of St. Ambrose. Bechel was the first baby baptized at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Mabel Stehr and Juanita Bechel.
Survivors include two nieces, Linda Patterson (Wayne) of Oran, Mo., Jean Ann Diebold of Gladstone, Mo.; a nephew, Larry (Pam) Stehr of St. Louis; and several great-nieces and great-nephews.
Friends may call at 9 a.m. Monday until the time of Mass at St. Ambrose Catholic Church.
Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with Rev. Ralph Duffner as celebrant.
Burial will follow in the church cemetery.