- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Alpha Leona Bechel, 100, of Chaffee died Thursday, Feb. 21, 2008, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Aug. 24, 1907, in Chaffee, daughter of Levi John and Elenora Elizabeth Scheeter Bechel.
Bechel worked for many years in Louisville, Ky., and retired as a secretary at International Shoe Co. in St. Louis. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and the Daughters of St. Ambrose. Bechel was the first baby baptized at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Mabel Stehr and Juanita Bechel.
Survivors include two nieces, Linda Patterson (Wayne) of Oran, Mo., Jean Ann Diebold of Gladstone, Mo.; a nephew, Larry (Pam) Stehr of St. Louis; and several great-nieces and great-nephews.
Friends may call at 9 a.m. Monday until the time of Mass at St. Ambrose Catholic Church.
Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with Rev. Ralph Duffner as celebrant.
Burial will follow in the church cemetery.