- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Attorney: Lohan settles lawsuit with busboy stemming from 2005 car crash
LOS ANGELES -- A busboy looking to clean up has settled a lawsuit against Lindsay Lohan over a 2005 car crash.
"It's been resolved," said Robert G. Klein, the attorney for busboy Raymundo Ortega, who settled for an undisclosed amount Wednesday.
Lohan's Mercedes-Benz collided with Ortega's van as he was making a turn in October 2005. Though the California Highway Patrol concluded that Ortega caused the crash by making an illegal U-turn, he sued Lohan seeking at least $200,000 in damages.
Ortega's lawsuit contended Lohan was fleeing paparazzi at the time and was under the influence of alcohol.
A message left Friday with Lohan's attorney, David J. Ozeran, was not immediately returned. Lohan publicist Leslie Sloane-Zelnik did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.