- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Myrtle Spooler, 95, of Chaffee died Saturday, Feb. 23, 2008, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 20, 1912, at Oran, daughter of Charles Robert and Minnie Louis Hency Mansell. She and John Spooler were married Feb. 18, 1936, in Oran. He died Aug. 16, 1998.
Spooler was a member of Oran First Baptist Church and a longtime Sunday school teacher.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, three brothers and a sister
Survivors include a son, Jim Spooler of Chaffee; five grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating.
Burial will be at Guardian Angel Catholic Church Cemetery in Oran.