- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Utah delivery man saves obstinate woman from apartment fire
OGDEN, Utah -- A man who kicked down a door to rescue a woman from a burning building was surprised at the greeting he received.
"She was mad at me for coming in," said Allen Donehoo, a delivery man who noticed smoke billowing out of the building Friday. "I said 'I'm sorry, there's a fire' and tried to get her out. She wasn't coming too easily."
Smoke was entering the basement apartment even as the woman resisted Donehoo's rescue attempt. Donehoo said she was worried about her cats, which he thinks were all rescued.
"I don't think she realized the severity of it," he said. "The whole top of the building was in flames."
The woman's apartment was one of three in the building. Investigators believe an unattended candle in one of the other apartments started the fire. There were no injuries.