- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Crain - Parsons
Lisa Elizabeth Crain and Alex D. Parsons were united in marriage Dec. 15, 2007, at First Presbyterian Church. The Rev. Paul Kabo Jr. performed the ceremony. Organist was Pat Palisch of Cape Girardeau, and soloist was Mellie Russo of Old Brookville, N.Y.
The bride is the daughter of Steve and Rita Crain of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Martha Parsons of Cape Girardeau, and the late Eugene Parsons.
Matron of honor was Jennifer Bradshaw of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Pennington, Rita McLafferty, cousin of the bride, both of St. Louis, Tricia Gruhn of Jacksonville, Fla., Mellie Russo, Sarah Watson of Nashville, Tenn., Katy Miller of Atlanta, Ga., Maggie Carruthers of McHenry, Ill., and Andrea Parsons of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom.
Mike Rekeny of Caledonia, Mich., was best man. Groomsmen were Sean Maguire of Cape Girardeau, David House of Louisville, Ky., Scott Wauthier of Livonia, Mich., Chris Bradshaw of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the bride; Brooks Hente of Cape Girardeau, Rob Keller of Commerce, Mich., Ray Rarery of Hanover Park, Ill., and Nick Stubblefield of Royal Oak, Mich. Ushers were Ed Lesnau IV of Livonia, Nick Polcyn of Commerce, David Spurgess II of South Lyon, Mich., and Mike Yash of Highland, Mich.
Candlelighters were Olivia Crain, cousin of the bride, and Brett Ford, both of Cape Girardeau,
Flower girl was Hayden Parsons, daughter of Josh and Brandy Parsons of Jackson. Ringbearers were William Bradshaw, Christopher McLafferty, Theon Mackens Jr., Alec and Lucas Wadley. William is the son of Chris and Jennifer Bradshaw and nephew of the bride. Christopher is the son of Patrick and Rita McLafferty and cousin of the bride. Theon is the son of Andrea Parsons and nephew of the groom. Alec and Lucas are sons of Josh and Heather Wadley of Paducah, Ky., and cousins of the bride.
Marisa Richardson of Commerce and Harlie Waldon of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 14 at Marquette Hotel.
Mrs. Parsons is a 2003 graduate of Central High School, and received a bachelor's degree in engineering from Vanderbilt University in Nashville in December 2007.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor's degree in engineering from Kettering University in Flint, Mich., in 2005, and a master's degree in engineering from the University of Louisville in 2007. He is an engineer with Ford Motor Co. at the Super Duty Truck Plant in Louisville.
After a wedding trip to St. Lucia, West Indies, the couple resides in Louisville.