- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Blunt appoints Bollinger County commissioner
Gov. Matt Blunt has appointed a replacement for a Bollinger County commissioner who died last November.
The former commissioner, Wayne Whitener, died at his home Nov. 19.
Republican Kelly D. Francis will now finish out Whitener's term. Francis, 70, of Marble Hill, Mo., is retired, but worked for 33 years as the general manager of Bollinger County Co-op. He attended Southeast Missouri State University.