- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
VFW hall firebombed in Wentzville; no injuries
WENTZVILLE, Mo. (AP) -- An eastern Missouri man is accused of breaking into a VFW hall, then firebombing the building hours later when investigators were still inside.
The suspect's name has not been released.
The St. Charles County Sheriff's Department says the man broke into the Wentzville VFW shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday. Two hours later, investigators were at the scene when someone tossed a flaming soda bottle filled with gasoline through a window.
No one was hurt. The firebomb caused only minor damage.
Authorities suspect the firebomb was aimed at covering up evidence.
The suspect has allegedly admitted to both crimes.