- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Business memo 02/16/04
St. Francis Medical Center wins two awards
St. Francis Medical Center was recognized with two awards in The Communicator Awards 2003 Video competition.
The Women's HeartAdvantage television commercials received top honors with a Crystal Award of Excellence and the Wound Healing Center's commercials received an Award of Distinction.
The Communicator Awards 2003 Video competition is an international awards competition that recognizes outstanding work in the communications field. More than 2,000 entries were considered for the awards.
The Roberts Group of Waukesha, Wis., created the winning radio campaign.
Business After Hours to be held Tuesday
The Plaza Conference Center will host Tuesday's Business After Hours at 5 p.m. in the expedition hall. The Plaza Conference Center is at 3257 William near the Victorian Inn & Suites.
Business breakfast to be held at dealership
The Jackson Chamber of Commerce will host a "Business Breakfast" at 7:30 a.m. Friday at Brennecke Cheverolet.
Drury Inns win top honor for hospitality
Drury Inns, which operates Drury Inn and Suites in Cape Girardeau, beat out four of six "luxury" brand hotels in customer satisfaction scores to win top honors in the fourth quarter Market Metrix Hospitality Index.
Drury Inns ranked highest in customer satisfaction among hotel industry. The ranking is based on 35,000 customer interviews conducted by Market Metrix, a firm that measures performance in hotel, airline and car rental firms for the hospitality industry.
Owl Creek Vineyard releases new wines
COBDEN, Ill. -- Owl Creek Vineyard has released the latest bottling of its popular Framboise wine. The wine was selected as best fruit wine in the 2002 Illinois State Fair and had been unavailable since November.
The second wine, Water Valley Red, is a semisweet red wine made from Chancellor and DeChanauc grapes. It is the featured wine for the month at the vineyard.
Both wines are made from grapes grown in Southern Illinois.
-- From staff reports