- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Man dies in industrial accident in Sugar Creek
SUGAR CREEK, Mo. (AP) -- Emergency crews are working to recover the body of a worker who was in a truck that tumbled down a ravine.
Fire and rescue officials say the effort at the Carefree Industrial Park in Sugar Creek could take many hours. The man was found pinned under the massive truck at the bottom of a 300-foot embankment.
The victim's identity was not released.
Officials say they might have to cut a new road to get equipment to the man and truck and remove them from the scene.
The accident happened about 10:30 p.m. Monday at the 24-hour quarry operation, which is on Missouri Highway 291.