- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Region briefs 2/19/08
One-vehicle crash kills Benton, Mo., man
A 50-year-old Benton, Mo., man died in a one-vehicle crash near Benton early Sunday morning.
Danny R. Menz, was pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The vehicle driven by Menz was traveling southbound on County Road 333, three miles east of Benton, when it ran off the roadway to the right, overcorrected, and ran off the other side, striking several trees, the highway patrol's report on the crash said. Menz was partially thrown through the windshield.
Snow may fall in region over the next few days
a light snow could fall across Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois this week, but the National Weather Service said the snow probably won't produce significant accumulation. The weather service's Paducah, Ky., office put out a statement early Monday morning warning of the chance of snow across the area and possibly some sleet and freezing rain in southern regions lasting through Thursday.
Emerson endorses Kinder for Lt. Gov.
U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson endorsed Republican Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder, of Cape Girardeau, in his run for re-election today, according to a news release sent out by Kinder's campaign.
"I've known Peter Kinder since he ran my husband Bill Emerson's first campaign for Congress in 1980.
Lt. Governor Kinder is a true conservative and a trusted leader and he has always put people before politics," Emerson is quoted as saying in the press release.